From North Central Oklahoma Ostomy Outlook June 2006:
You Have Adjusted to Your Ostomy When...
- You stop spending all of your spare time in the bathroom waiting for
your stoma to work so you can empty the pouch right away.
- You can move about freely, without holding your appliance as though
it might fall off any minute.
- You make that first trip to the mailbox without taking along your
- You stop grabbing your abdomen when the grocery clerk asks if you
need help to the car with your bag.
- You go out for the evening and realize too late that you left your
emergency kit at home.
- You begin to think how lucky you are to be alive instead of how
unlucky you are to have an ostomy.
- You attend the monthly support group meetings with an expectation of
learning more about your ostomy rather than staying at home worrying
about it all.
Back to North Central Oklahoma Ostomy Newsletter Index
This page last revised 2006-06-05
This article appeared in the North Central Oklahoma newsletter Ostomy Outlook.
If you'd like to receive this newsletter on a regular basis, please
Sign Up for our Newsletter Email List.
| What is Ostomy?
| Ostomy Care Guides
| Ostomy Supplies
UOAA Discussion Board
| UOAA Support Groups
| Contact Webmaster