New Advocacy Section on the UOA Website
by Linda Aukett; Chair, UOA Government Affairs Committee;
July 28, 2001
That's a new address, for a brand new section of the UOA website.
Webmaster Bob Baumel has helped us fit some purchased "content" seamlessly
into the site, designed to inform you and our other members about UOA's
advocacy issues and activities and to give all of you a ready means to
communicate with your elected officials - and much much more!
Our thanks go to a UOA member from Washington State, whose donation
helped us to trial this for a year.
- "Elected Officials" helps locate members of Congress and its
committees, via zip code or a map - and provides a way to send either
email or a printed letter to them;
- "Issues and Legislation" allows visitors to follow current bills of
interest to us;
- "Media Guide" helps visitors locate political reporters and editors in
local newspapers, radio stations, etc (and can be a help to chapter PI
- "Capitol Hill Basics" provides inside information about relating to
- "Alerts" inform visitors about issues that need quick action on their
- "Info" notes usually provide a link to lead to more details or another
- and at each point, UOA can suggest language for a letter to Congress -
or you can edit ours, write your own, email it or print it out on your own
- the "E-action List" allows us to collect contact information from
those who are interested in our issues and willing to help when
- "Pass the Word" allows you or a chapter leader to notify others you
know about the new section, via email;
- The "Web Sticker" lets you post a Congressional search on your own
You can check out Congressional and Committee schedules, access and
communicate with federal agencies; check on who has sponsored and/or who
has voted on our issues;
and SO MUCH MORE!!!
Please visit it now - or soon! And often, to keep up to date. Sign up
for the E-action list!
Share your voice on behalf of UOA, both for your own benefit and that of