From Stillwater-Ponca City (OK) Ostomy Outlook Jan 2000:
New Year's Resolutions of an Ostomate
via Jamestown (NY) Ostomy Newsletter
- To remember my own early days and realize that no question by a new
ostomate is silly.
- To not begrudge the time necessary for my personal care.
- To keep myself neat and presentable at all times.
- To keep my bathroom sharable.
- To value the cooperation of my family.
- To appreciate the fact that I am one of the lucky ones.
- To try to do the things I want to do but think I can't.
- To be patient.
- To LIVE all day, every day.
- To help others whenever I can.
- To urge my fellow ostomates to see people, go places, and do things.
- To give full credit to modern medicine.
- To be grateful for my present good health.
- To be of good cheer.
- To renew my pledge the first of every month.
Back to Stillwater-Ponca City UOA Newsletter Index
This page is maintained by the
Content last revised